Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Faith and Patience


Thania's Baptism
"Happiness Moments"

--Thania got baptized!! Her family members are members and they have been inactive for a while, but they are now back and active and happy:)

--Yolanda got baptized!!! In the beginning, she didn't want to listen to missionaries AT ALL. And now she is so happy walking with the promise of the constant companionship of the Holy Ghost.


Yolanda's Baptism
--Went on companion exchanges with Hna Inga!! We studied on the roof of my apartment building in the cold... totally worth it.

--Went to Ecatepec again today and did some shopping and ate in a member's restaurant... SO GOOD.


--While shopping, a lady asked me if I wanted to take English classes hahaha

Exchanges with Hermana Inga



--I started to pray for more patience... and then someone stole my phone, and then when we were checking out at the grocery store and my card wasn't accepted, and then the ATM ate my card. Hahaha I have never laughed so hard.

Friend in a fancy hallway






We have been studying a lot about the Atonement of Christ, and these are a couple of verses in Alma 34 that really stood out to me!

3 And as ye have desired of my beloved brother that he should make known unto you what ye should do, because of your afflictions; and he hath spoken somewhat unto you to prepare your minds; yea, and he hath exhorted you unto faith and to patience.
Hermanas eating dinner with a wonderful family








I had never really paid attention to the "patience" part before. As I read it I thought, well of course we need faith, but it is interesting that it talks about patience. And in the end of the chapter it says something similar:

Hermana Greenwood with a cute friend








40 And now my beloved brethren, I would exhort you to have patience, and that ye bear with all manner of afflictions; that ye do not revile against those who do cast you out because of your exceeding poverty, lest ye become sinners like unto them;

Cute Bunny







41 But that ye have patience, and bear with those afflictions, with a firm hope that ye shall one day rest from all your afflictions.


Happy Halloween!
This is God's work, not ours. 
We will continue to learn line by line and precept by precept.





I love the Lord, and I love His work. How grateful I am to play a part in it. :)

Have faith and patience.

Love, Hermana Greenwood

No comments:

Post a Comment