Wednesday, November 6, 2019

He is with You

Dana's Baptism
"Happiness Moments"

--Dana got baptized!! What a miracle that was. She has been working with missionaries for a very long time, and she finally decided to really kneel down and pray to know. God always answers our sincere prayers.

--We went to Teotihuacan to visit the pyramids TWO days in a row!! Sunburned, enlightened, and happy. :)
(It was SO cool the second day because we went with a guide from the church who compared everything to the Book of Mormon. The church is true.)

Exchanges with Hermana Carter


--Went on my last companion exchanges with Hna Carter!

--I had my closing interview with my mission president and it was just what I needed.

--We experienced the power of prayer. Long story short, God is very aware of our situations.

  
Headed to the Pyramids



God is your and my loving Heavenly Father. He loves us so much that He wants us to progress, and He wants us to improve.

D&C 95:1 Verily, thus saith the Lord unto you whom I love, and whom I love I also chasten that their sins may be forgiven, for with the chastisement I prepare a way for their deliverance in all things out of temptation, and I have loved you.

You are His chosen child. He wants you to have what He has.

1 Nephi 20:10 For, behold, I have refined thee, I have chosen thee in the furnace of affliction. 
 
View of Pyramids




Heavenly Father never said it would be easy, but we won't do it alone. 

D&C 122:7 And if thou shouldst be cast into the pit, or into the hands of murderers, and the sentence of death passed upon thee; if thou be cast into the deep; if the billowing surge conspire against thee; if fierce winds become thine enemy; if the heavens gather blackness, and all the elements combine to hedge up the way; and above all, if the very jaws of hell shall gape open the mouth wide after thee, know thou, my son, that all these things shall give thee experience, and shall be for thy good.  

Day of the Dead Celebration
2 Nephi 2:

6 Wherefore, redemption cometh in and through the Holy Messiah; for he is full of grace and truth.

7 Behold, he offereth himself a sacrifice for sin, to answer the ends of the law, unto all those who have a broken heart and a contrite spirit; and unto none else can the ends of the law be answered.

8 Wherefore, how great the importance to make these things known unto the inhabitants of the earth, that they may know that there is no flesh that can dwell in the presence of God, save it be through the merits, and mercy, and grace of the Holy Messiah, who layeth down his life according to the flesh, and taketh it again by the power of the Spirit, that he may bring to pass the resurrection of the dead, being the first that should rise.

Coco Shrine
9 Wherefore, he is the firstfruits unto God, inasmuch as he shall make intercession for all the children of men; and they that believe in him shall be saved.

10 And because of the intercession for all, all men come unto God; wherefore, they stand in the presence of him, to be judged of him according to the truth and holiness which is in him. Wherefore, the ends of the law which the Holy One hath given, unto the inflicting of the punishment which is affixed, which punishment that is affixed is in opposition to that of the happiness which is affixed, to answer the ends of the atonement.

Hermanas with Elder & Sister Pingree

It is hard to find the exact words to express the gratitude that I have for my Savior, but as I have pondered and prayed, these words have come to mind:

You knew it'd be hard
And that you'd be tried
But God promised that
With you He'd abide

But since you've been here
He's felt far away
You feel so alone
And can't find your way

It feels like fire
That never will tame
And you find yourself
Engulfed in the flame



Happy after a wonderful conference
Your breaths are shallow
There's sweat on your brow
You can't see the end
From where you are now

The flame towers high
You can't see God's hand
Your knees hit the floor
It's too hard to stand

You cry with your might
To Father above
To turn down the heat
'Cause you've had enough

As tears stain the ground
You feel something new
Stronger than fire
A warmth within you



Plants
The process may burn
But He is with you
God knows you by name
And will help you through

Christ faced it alone
So we don't have to
He knows what we need
And what we should do

Fire still rages
But Christ's love is there
You'll come out stronger
Because of His care

Trust in the Maker
And His grand design
Follow His footsteps
And all will align

See you soon!


As my journey as a full-time missionary comes to an end, I have loved reflecting on all that I have learned, and all the people that I have met that have changed my life.
The most important person that I have come to know and love and that has really changed my life, is my Savior.
I know Jesus is the Christ. I know He lives. I know that His Atoning sacrifice continually helps us to progress and have joy. I know that as we choose Him daily, we are purified.

I am so grateful to know that the journey continues, and that every day I can strive to be more like Christ by becoming a better missionary, sister, daughter, friend, wife, and mother.

Trust in the Maker and all will align.

He is with you.

Love, Hermana Greenwood

No comments:

Post a Comment