Tuesday, October 8, 2019

Happier and Holier


Final MLC

"Happiness Moments"

--MLC was a good time! I feel very blessed to be in this mission, there are so many stellar missionaries and our mission president and his wife are amazing.

--President Parry this past week had to scratch his back and decided to use the door post to help him out haha.




Makeshift bedroom due to fumigation

--We pulled out our mattresses from our room to the bigger part of the apartment because the smell of the fumigation was still really strong. It was like a pajama party/ sleepover for a week!!
Making Bread

--We helped a recent convert make bread. Super delicious!!
Yolanda & Alejandra

--With only five weeks left, I am strongly considering sleeping with my nametag on. ;)


General Conference was INCREDIBLE. My testimony of preparing beforehand grew immensely. When we come prepared and with questions, the Lord always provides. 
I just want to share a couple of my favorite quotes!

--"The crowning jewel of the restoration is the temple." -President Nelson

--"This church was formed so that families can be born, sealed, and exalted." -President Oaks





--"Discipleship isn't about doing things perfectly, it is about doing things intentionally." -Dieter F. Uchtdorf

--"The joy of the saints comes from being Christlike." -D. Todd Christofferson

Celebration after a long work day
--"We have the divine role to succeed." -Peter M. Johnson




As I have been thinking about the vision that I have for my life, I can't help but think about one of the main themes of general conference. Having your vision set on Christ.

Puffalump has survived 17 months in Mexico!
Elder Holland said that in order to grasp the vision we are seeking, we must fix our attention on Christ. His apostolic promise was that as we place our vision on Christ and cry out to Him, He will hear us, help us see, and save us.




I know that as we intentionally strive every day to be disciples and make the temple part of our life,  we will be joyful and exalted.

This is Christ's church, 
He leads it, He loves us. I add my prayer to that of President Nelson's, "may we all become happier and holier."

Love, Hermana Greenwood:)

No comments:

Post a Comment