Tuesday, October 22, 2019

Earthly Father, Heavenly Father




"Happiness Moments"

--When we were contacting in the street, a Christian woman sang to us.

--We rode the Mexicable today!!!

--We have loved having mini dance parties in the house to disney music;)







--I went back to my first area (Ecatepec) to say goodbye to some of my favorite people. It felt like I was going home to my family. I love them so dearly!!

--Maribel got baptized!! We knew from the beginning that she was chosen because after our first lesson with her she was already inviting everyone in the street to come to church:)





I just wanted to share a couple of thoughts from recent studies that I have had!
We are SUPER blessed because Elder Pingree and his wife will be coming to our mission next week, and he sent us a couple of chapters in the Book of Mormon to study.
I have grown to love even more Mosiah 3!








3 I am come to declare unto you the glad tidings of great joy. 

The glad tidings of the gospel of Jesus Christ surely brings me joy every day, and it is so simple.










19 For the natural man is an enemy to God, and has been from the fall of Adam, and will be, forever and ever, unless he yields to the enticings of the Holy Spirit, and putteth off the natural man and becometh a saint through the atonement of Christ the Lord, and becometh as a child, submissive, meek, humble, patient, full of love, willing to submit to all things which the Lord seeth fit to inflict upon him, even as a child doth submit to his father. 







The first thing that comes to my head when I think of being like a child is playing in the backyard, having water fights with the siblings, etc. But this time as I sat pondering, I thought of this video:




And this scripture:

3 Nephi 13: 25 And now it came to pass that when Jesus had spoken these words he looked upon the twelve whom he had chosen, and said unto them: Remember the words which I have spoken. For behold, ye are they whom I have chosen to minister unto this people. Therefore I say unto you, take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than draiment?







26 Behold the fowls of the air, for they sow not, neither do they reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?

27 Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature?











28 And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin;

29 And yet I say unto you, that even Solomon, in all his glory, was not arrayed like one of these.





30 Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is cast into the oven, even so will he clothe you, if ye are not of little faith.

31 Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?







32 For your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.

33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you.









34 Take therefore no thought for the morrow, for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient is the day unto the evil thereof.










We can have total and complete trust in our Father in Heaven.

I encourage you all to seek Him and His kingdom here on earth before all else.










I feel that there is so much I want to share and so much I want to say, but simply put:


God loves you. Don't forget it.

Love, Hermana Greenwood:)

No comments:

Post a Comment